Ciaran O’Brien, Communications Director at William Hill, made a great start on his Tipster Challenge appearance at Chepstow, but failed to build on victories from each of the first three races.
O’Brien’s hat-trick of wins amounted to 5.29 points, which was 3.66 more than both Timeform and Stephen Harris, the horse racing Guru at bettingexpert. Both of our regular tipsters only collected the 1.63 points from Verygoodverygood’s impressive victory in the race at 1:55.
This means O’Brien is added to the latest leaderboard in third place, with Timeform and bettingexpert dropping a place to sixth and eighth respectively. Alan Alger, PR Manager for Betway, held on to top spot for the fourth week running.
Race Winners at Chepstow:
- Utility – 11/4
- Copain De Classe – 10/11
- Verygoodverygood – 13/8
- Achimota – 33/1
- Bobble Boru – 12/1
- Azert De Coeur – 9/2
- Court King – 15/2
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Alan Alger – Betway||3||11.41|
|2||Phillip Anderson – Before The Off||3||6.17|
|3||Ciaran O’Brien – William Hill||3||5.29|
|4||John Hill – Coral||2||4.25|
|5||Michael Shinners – Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|7||John Cruces – Dafabet||1||1.25|
|9||Ed Nicholson – Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the purpose of the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.